Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just a Small Update So You Don't Get Worried

   
 
  So I just realized that it's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. 2 weeks! You all must have thought that I fell off the face of the earth. Well guess what...I didn't.
     My absence from this blog has been caused by 3 things: 
     1. My work schedule has blown up in these past couple weeks. Back to school is a crazy time at my job. Leaving me a lot less free time for blogging and thrifting, and thrifting and blogging, and what not.
     2. For some reason when I get onto my computer the Blogger composition dashboard isn't working. So in order to even write a blog I have to either borrow my sister(who is never home)'s laptop or type one from my own phone which is very strenuous on the eyes and neck.
     3. Writer's block...No, Not so much writer's block as much as a complete lack of material, really.

Well anyways my good friend Callie who is also a huge fan of my blog told me that the material doesn't matter. That I could write pretty much anything on here and people would read it. So I guess we'll see if she's right?

I'm just gonna fill you all in on my most recent thrifty misadventures real quick...

     Last Saturday my mom and I drove down to Lawrenceburg to shop in the Worlds Longest Yard Sale! I can't believe I had no idea that this existed. Apparently  it's happened every year since 1987! It's a yard sale that goes all the way down the Highway 127 corridor, starting in Michigan and ending in Alabama!
     As exciting as it sounds I actually came back from it with surprisingly little. I got a puffer vest, a pair of flats and an Elvis t shirt (that as you can see in the picture below my cat refused to get off of. I'll have to write a blog about my cat sometime. She's my friend, my guardian, my life advisor, but anyways where was I...)



 These are all great things, but I've come back from dinky little neighborhood yard sales with more stuff than that! I think the problem is that my mom and I got there at about 2:30, and the sales start at 7am. Plus the sales had been going on since Thursday, and it was Saturday. We could have done a better job planning out the shopping trip but at least now I know that it exists and I'll know how to prepare for next year! 



      As for thrifting I haven't had a ton of luck lately. Last Tuesday I spent 2 hours at 2 different Goodwills only to come back with a throw pillow (see above). It's an adorable throw pillow, but I really expect more of myself and my shopping abilities. I haven't tried shopping since then (mostly because I have no money). I'm sure I'll get my mojo back soon. In the meantime this throw pillow has inspired me to perhaps write a blog post on non-apparel thrifting. All I've talked about on this blog so far is clothing. There are a million other things to find at thrift stores! That post obviously isn't ready yet but I am working on it so stay tuned. 

I'll try to keep you all updated on my life more often. It feels good to write again even if it wasn't about very much. 

I love you all, my precious thrift angels.

Yours Truly,
Your Thrifty Godmother



No comments:

Post a Comment