Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Mini-Post about Mexican Ice Cream


Okay so I don't really have the time or energy for a full blog post today so I'm just gonna take a few minutes to share some fun things.



     First of all I got this lovely yellow lamp today at Goodwill for $4.50. I've been looking everywhere for a cute lamp to go with my new brown furniture. My old furniture was black and I had a black lamp to match, but it didn't look so good with the brown furniture. I love the yellow and I think it looks great with my room. I also got SIX magazines for $3.00 at half price books today! (I'm an extremely avid magazine reader. Particularly Allure and Glamour.) Half price books is a great place for smart shoppers to go for books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl records and magazines. Magazines are 50 cents a pop and they usually have pretty modern ones. I expected there would be nothing but issues of Southern Living from 2002, but every magazine I got was from either 2012 or 2013. I even got last month's issue of Allure! Good thing I didn't drop $3.99 on it when it came out. 50 cents is much better.


   Last night I was hardcore craving fried ice cream, and the only place I knew to get it was a mexican restaurant. Sadly, my boyfriend was not available to take me to one and pay for everything. (I know, how dare he have something better to do than buy me enchiladas and ice cream.) After coming to terms with the fact that real fried ice cream was just not going to happen, I turned to the pantry, looking for some sort of sweet substitute. I found cinnamon toast crunch, then realized I had vanilla ice cream, and before you know it, eureka! The crunchy cinnamon cereal paired with Vanilla ice cream, topped with honey, chocolate syrup and whipped cream makes a PERFECT faux fried ice cream! It was genius. And delicious. And CHEAP! I'll probably eat it every night for the rest of the week.

That's all for today! Comment and Follow!

Your thrifty godmother,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment